Christopher Lasch was the author of "The Culture of Narcissism," "The Minimal Self" and other theoretical works on modern culture.
Body of Work
From Christopher Lasch's obituary from the New York Times:
- "In his wide-ranging books and essays, Mr. Lasch offered a leftist analysis of industrial capitalism and its effects on American politics, social arrangements, modes of thought and personal psychology. As a counterpoise to the alienation and despair he saw as pervasive in American life, he proposed a progressive program that, paradoxically, relied heavily on the values of community, family and self-discipline."
DSOC founding convention
The Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee founding convention Socialism'73 took place in New York City, October 12 and 13, 1973, at the Loeb Student Center, NY University and at the McAlpin Hotel.
- David Lewis, leader, New Democratic Party of Canada, "US economic imperialism".
- Michael Harrington
- Workshops on the unions, feminism, racial equality, Democratic Party, equality and Detente with David Selden, Rose Laub Coser, Doug Ireland, Michael Walzer, Bogdan Denitch, Christopher Lasch
- Panel on "socialism and the welfare state" with Irving Howe, Erazim Kohak, Norman Birnbaum.
- [http://www.nytimes.com/1994/02/15/obituaries/christopher-lasch-is-dead-at-61-wrote-about-america-s-malaise.html Christopher Lasch Is Dead at 61; Wrote About America's Malaise, accessed April 15 2017
-  Newsletter of the Democratic Left, October 1973, page 6