Anti "speculator" bill
in April 2012 Ben Cardin joined a group of his Senate colleagues in sponsoring a bill, S. 2222, which "will give federal regulators immediate authority to invoke emergency powers to rein in speculators who are responsible for rapidly rising gasoline prices".
- There is broad agreement among energy experts and economists that speculators are one of the causes for the rapidly rising price of gas. Domestic oil production has risen to its highest level in a decade, oil supplies are greater today than they were three years ago and demand for oil in the United States is lower today than it was in 1997. Yet gas prices continue to soar.
- There is something wrong with this equation. There is no logical reason why gas prices should continue to rise if oil supplies are up and demand is down.
- The American Trucking Association, Delta Airlines, the Petroleum Marketers Association of America, the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, and other experts all say excessive oil speculation in the futures markets significantly increases crude oil and gasoline prices. A Feb. 27, 2012 article in Forbes Magazine cited a recent report by the investment bank Goldman Sachs pointing out that excessive oil speculation adds 56 cents to the price of a gallon of gas.
This "speculators" bill would set a 14-day deadline for the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) to take emergency steps to stop excessive speculation by Wall Street traders in the crude oil, gasoline and other energy futures markets. Also co-sponsoring the measure were: U.S. Senators Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Al Franken (D-MN), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Bill Nelson (D-FL).
Haitian Memorial Pyramid Project
The Haitian Memorial Pyramid Project was conceived in Jacksonville, Florida by Communist Party USA member Russell Pelle several months after the January 12, 2010 earthquake. In March 2010, it was presented to and supported by Florida State Senator and Communist Party USA sympathizer Anthony Hill at a Haitian-American beach party. An Executive Board was established and project incorporated November 10, 2010. The first formal endorsement came from Senator Hill Nov. 24, 2010.
ARA endorsement, 2012
Radical team member
Ida Eskamani, following graduation in 2012, worked for the Orange County Democratic Party at a time when they broke fundraising records with her support. She also joined Senator Bill Nelson’s re-election campaign as a Press and Research Assistant, and the youngest member of the campaign team. 
Senate New Democrat Coalition members
- Dianne Feinstein (CA, by 2001)
- Thomas Carper (DE, by 2001; co-chair from 2003)
- Bill Nelson (FL, by 2001)
- Debbie Stabenow (MI, by 2001)
- Maria Cantwell (WA, by 2001)
- Stop Wall Street speculation that drives up gas prices for families, Peoples World, by: U.S. Senator Ben Cardin, April 16 2012
- Haitian Memorial Pyramid Project, about page
- ARA endorsements 2012
- NDN: Senate New Democrat Coalition Members (August 2000)
- NDN: Senate New Democrat Coalition Members (July 2001)
- NDN: Senate New Democrat Coalition Members (August 2002)