WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, Bettina Aptheker was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
Free Speech MovementFree Speech Movement took place at UC Berkeley from Sept. 10, 1964, through Jan. 4, 1965.  It was a "student protest...under the informal leadership of students Mario Savio, Jack Weinberg, Michael Rossman, Brian Turner, Bettina Aptheker, Steve Weissman, Art Goldberg, Jackie Goldberg..."
The FSM "was a struggle by students over the right to engage in political speech on campus, which helped to catalyze broader political activism on campuses around the country over student rights, civil rights and the Vietnam War."
Herbert Aptheker Testimonial Dinner
On April 28, 1966 Bettina Aptheker was a speaker at the Herbert Aptheker Testimonial Dinner. The dinner was held on the occasion of Herbert Aptheker's 50th birthday, the publication of his 20th book, and the 2nd anniversary of the American Institute for Marxist Studies. It was held in the Sutton Ballroom, The New York Hilton, Avenue of the Americas, 53rd to 54th Street, New York City. Most speakers, organizers and sponsors were known members or supporters of the Communist Party USA.
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
Bettina Aptheker University of California, Santa Cruz signed the statement.
- FB friends page
- Three Months of Crisis: Chronology of Events | Retrieved August 13, 2015
- Free Speech Movement, UC Berkeley - Online Audio Recordings | Retrieved August 13, 2015
- Don't trust anyone over 30, unless it's Jack Weinberg | Retrieved August 14, 2015
- Dinner Program for the Herbert Aptheke Dinner, April 28, 1966
- Liberal Education website: List of Ayers Supporters